In this video Gary Vee basically outlines some of the secrets of his success and gives a protege some career advice. It's 22 minutes but worth watching, but the key take-aways for me were:
- Start. Do. Basically, stop strategizing and get to it. So true. I read a quote the other day that is appropriate here: "Don't let perfection become procrastination. Do it now!" (Danielle LaPorte)
- Be yourself. When you're authentic and true to yourself, people will come to you.
- Don't oversell yourself. Don't try to be who you're not because you think everyone else needs that.
- Talk about your process. Don't tell people what to do because they're naturally going to be skeptical anyways - give them your thoughts and share how you got there.
- Package your offering. If you're looking for money, investors and customers will pay for your brand but nobody's buying a person - so what are they buying?
- Partners matter. If can't do the business part, get a business partner & so on.
- Document, over create. You can put out content by letting someone else do the work. Document what they've done and everyone wins. It's basically what I'm doing here.
Here's the video: